In line with recent government guidelines, we can now only accept up to six people in the arcade at any one time. To comply with rules regarding mixing households, we ask that you only book your session with people from your household or support bubble.
Here at X-GenVR, we don’t want COVID19 to ruin anybody’s fun any longer. But we understand that many of our customers are rightly concerned about safety when they visit. To make sure that you have peace of mind, we’ve put some strict extra safety measures in place, which include:
Employee Checks and PPE:
All of our employees have agreed to have their temperatures checked before starting their shift – anything suspicious means that they’ll get time off to arrange a test and self-isolate if needed. We won’t allow any employees to work if they are showing any potential symptoms of COVID19 until they have had a confirmed negative test. In the event of an employee testing positive for COVID19, they will self-isolate for fourteen days before being able to return to work. We have provided employees with PPE including surgical masks and disposable gloves which are changed in between each booking. Customers are welcome to bring their own PPE or we have masks available to purchase.
Keeping it Clean:
As we all know, the best way to keep the coronavirus away is to keep everything as clean as possible. And we’re not taking any chances here. Along with hand sanitizer available for everybody to use and frequent handwashing rules for employees, we’re allocating half an hour in between each booking for us to deep clean the arcade and the VR rooms to make sure that all equipment and surfaces are thoroughly disinfected.
Our New CleanBox:
We’re taking cleaning really seriously. Along with the extra time to thoroughly scrub the arcade and equipment in between each booking, we’ve also invested in a hospital-grade headset cleaner, called CleanBox, to deep clean and sanitize our VR headsets in between each use so that you can be sure it’s as good as new when you put it on to play. Wipes or a spray and cloth simply can’t get into all the nooks and crannies of a headset to kill any lurking germs, but CleanBox can. Plus, it’s perfectly safe for the screens and lenses so you can rest assured that all our equipment is clean and fully working every time you use it.
Bookings Only & The Rule of Six:
To minimise interactions with people outside of your household and to remain compliant with government guidelines, we’re reducing the maximum number of arcade customers from ten to no more than six at one time. We are currently only accepting one-hour bookings and we ask that you only book your session with people from your household or support bubble. We’re accepting one-hour private bookings for groups of 4-6 people, priced at £24.99 per person which gives you free rein on all our arcade machines. Please note that at least one adult (18+) must be present if anybody in your party is under the age of 16.
Ready to play? Click here to make a booking or call us on 0161 637 7273.
What You Can Do to Help:
Together we can make the most of these uncertain times and ensure that everybody can still have fun, even if we have to do things a little differently. While we’re doing everything that we can to ensure the health and safety of our customers during this pandemic, we’ve got a few things that we’d like to ask you to do for us.
- If you are experiencing any COVID19 symptoms, please stay at home. We will be more than happy to rearrange your booking completely free of charge so that you can come back once you have self-isolated, or have had a test confirmed negative.
- In line with government guidelines, please wear a face-covering during your visit unless you are exempt from doing so. You can bring your own or purchase one from us.
- Please ask everyone in your party to use the antibacterial gel that we have provided at the entrance to clean your hands before your session start.
- We are requiring all customers to undergo a temperature check before starting their session; If your temperature is above 37.8° or higher, you will be asked to rearrange your booking for in two weeks’ time or you can call to rearrange after receiving a negative test result. You can also request a refund of any deposit paid if you prefer.
- Please try and give our employees space by staying at least one metre away wherever you can.
From everyone at X-GenVR, we’d like to say a massive thank you to all our customers for supporting us through these tough times. Stay safe, and we hope to see you very soon!